If you experience a lost package or a damaged package, you can simply file a claim to the carriers. (All carriers have default declared values of $100 for each package, except FedEx SmartPost, UPS SurePost & USPS First Class). There are two ways to file a claim if you use the ShipSaving platform.
1. Please prepare all documents required to file a claim:
Documents for Lost Claim
Documents for Damaged Claim：
2. Please fill out the ShipSaving Claim Form and Waiver Form.
3. Please send all the required documents to email@example.com. In the email, the subject line must include a tracking number and the company name registered on ShipSaving.
4. USPS can file a claim within 15-60 days of the package being shipped; other carriers need to file it within 60 days.
5. It usually takes one month for carriers to screen claims. If approved, we will refund your account within 3-5 business days after receiving a refund from the carriers.
Before filing the claim on ShipSurance, the default coverage of $100 still needs to be filed through the Carriers. Please follow the guide of Using Carrier's insurance first.
*Please note that to file a lost claim, the shipper must wait 20 calendar days (domestic shipment) or 40 calendar days (international shipment) before filing with Shipsurance.
*All damaged packages and item(s) must be returned back to the shipper until a claim is completed. All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original condition as received.